Gaining insights and inspiration to drive positive change and build a better future for the industry.
Future of Mining Perth offers a valuable opportunity for mining professionals to come together to discuss and hear latest strategies and practices on how to future-proof their business models becoming more efficient in the use of their resources and assets.
Through a mix of expert-led presentations, thought-provoking panel discussions, and fireside chat the agenda focuses not only on operational efficiency, but also on the strategic level; analysing how to become a more sustainable, safe and innovative industry while driving cultural and social changes, and build credibility with stakeholders and local communities.
Technology and digitalization – exploring digital transformation and the rapid pace of technological advancements. Embrace automation, robotics, equipment sensors, data, AI and machine learning to stay competitive, adapt to changing market conditions and build a better work environment that prioritises productivity and the health and safety of your workers.
Sustainability and ESG – discussing battery and critical minerals, decarbonization, electrification, circular economy and land rehabilitation, all essential considerations and practices that need to be adopted to ensure the long-term viability of your operations and community engagement. But is the industry there yet?
People and culture – elevating the leadership performance, tackle inequality to build a more respectful workplace and attract the next generation of talent in order to craft a stronger and long-term successful business model of tomorrow.
- Hon Bill Johnston, Minister for Mines and Petroleum, Western Australian Government
- Andrew Whibley, Vice President: Technology and Innovation, Gold Fields
- Candice Dix, Principal Advisor Sustainability Assurance, Rio Tinto
- Andrea Hall, Non-Executive Director, Risk & Sustainability Committee member, Evolution Mining
- Ms Elisabeth Mettam, WA Liberal Party Leader, Parliament of Western Australia
- Namali Mackay, Managing Director, Critical Minerals Association
- Mark O’Brien, Non-Executive Director, Digital Technology and Innovation, CITIC Pacific Mining
- Anousha Hashemi, Exploration Manager, IGO
- David Williams, Professor and Director of Geotechnical Engineering, University of Queensland
- Samantha Panickar, Director, Association of Mining and Exploration Companies